Yes, you may also be a Geek Emeritus if you have done any ten of the following things:
- Carried a sliderule on your belt or in your shirt pocket on a daily basis.
- Be able to retrieve said sliderule in less than 60 seconds — right now!
- Derived Maxwell’s equations.
- Watched the original Star Trek on its first airing — and know where you were.
- Had a crush on Jeannie. (If you don’t know the meaning of this you are permanently disqualified!)
- Know who said “…billions and billions of stars.”
- Wrote a real computer program on punch cards — and dropped your card deck!
- Built a transistor from scratch.
- Participated in Towel Day.
- Remember what you were doing when John Kennedy was shot.
- Wire-wrapped circuit boards.
- Your first computer program ran on a machine made with vacuum tubes.
- Read the “Martian Chronicles.”
- Watched “The Princess Bride” with your kids — and enjoyed it more than they did.
- You knew you were a geek before it was cool.
- The number ”42″ gives you a peaceful feeling.
Do you qualify? Let me know.